Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Blue and White Pitcher with Yellow Roses

10x10 Original Oil on Canvas
Cheri Wollenberg
I have had such beautiful roses this year.  It has not been easy to come by either.  It has taken a good seven years of experimentation, education and hard work.  We live on a hill in central Oklahoma and the dirt is red!  It is red clay but beautiful, but it isn't the best soil or doesn't provide the best conditions for roses, hydrangea or peonies.  Thanks to some wonderful articles in blogs and information on Pinterest I've managed to get my roses to bloom.  I guess my main purpose for working with these particular flowers is that I love painting them.  This particular still life only features a couple, but I'm working on bouquets.  My love for blue and white pottery and china seems to compliment the roses.  This painting is listed in my Etsy store.  Have a LOOK, and thanks for stopping by:)

No comments:

Poppy The Pig, Original Oil Painting by Cheri Wollenberg

Poppy Original 8x8 Oil Painting On Canvas by Cheri Wollenberg   Poppy is pig who might be hungry and waiting on his master to bring corn or ...