Thursday, June 11, 2020

Artist Studio At Payne, Oklahoma



Two years ago in 2018 we decided to downsize from a large old farmhouse in which we had put twelve years of  hard work.  It was almost 100 years old then, but had very good bones.  We loved fixing it up.  It had the original "pecan" wooden floors downstairs and plain wooden floors upstairs.  It was not an easy thing to do because in some ways it was a dream that we got to live out, and we weren't really ready to hang up our hats.  The image above is the room I made for a studio.  This is before we replaced the 4-window wide area with a very large picture window.  The photo was also made before I brought up a lot more furniture, paintings and painting supplies.It was the best light I've ever had to paint in.  Even though I have a very large studio space now in Shawnee, Oklahoma, I still miss the north light of that studio.
If you are curious about my paintings, please feel free to visit my FaceBook page where I usually tell a little about my latest paintings.  You are invited to "like" my page if you are interested.


1 comment:

Helen said...

That was a special little room. :)

Poppy The Pig, Original Oil Painting by Cheri Wollenberg

Poppy Original 8x8 Oil Painting On Canvas by Cheri Wollenberg   Poppy is pig who might be hungry and waiting on his master to bring corn or ...