Saturday, June 20, 2020

Brown Black Tailed Rooster Painting By Cheri Wollenberg



10x10 Wrap Around Canvas
Original Oil  Painting by Cheri Wollenberg

Roosters are beautiful creatures.  However, some of them have angry or mean dispositions!  Growing up in central Oklahoma both sets of my grandparents raised chickens.  The chicken yards were especially inviting to us children.  Both my mother and father were from large families so there were many grandchildren belonging to both sets of grandparents.  As an older adult I realize now that lots of little kids hanging around chicken yards would more than likely agitate roosters trying to protect their chickens and brood.  All this to say, we were warned that roosters could flog or attack us smaller human beings (LOL).  My husband and I had a few roosters when we lived on our country place.  I managed to photograph all of them at one time or other to paint.  In the next several days I plan to feature my rooster paintings on my blog.  Have a look at them.  Hope you enjoy them as much as I did painting them. 
Click the link in "blue" above for more info.

No comments:

Poppy The Pig, Original Oil Painting by Cheri Wollenberg

Poppy Original 8x8 Oil Painting On Canvas by Cheri Wollenberg   Poppy is pig who might be hungry and waiting on his master to bring corn or ...