Friday, February 27, 2015

Rooster for March

12x12 Oil on Canvas
Cheri Wollenberg
 
The painting today features a rooster that we raised.  He was such an even tempered and friendly rooster when he was younger.  He was one of four roosters we obtained last spring.  We decided to keep him because he seems to easy going!  However, growing up and becoming the only rooster with five hens, his personality has changed.  I don't know if it is the winter months and not getting to graze freely as much as usual, guarding his hens,  or maybe he has gotten really conceited because he is so beautiful (ha!).   Whatever the reason, I'm so afraid that he may have to leave.  After two episodes trying to attack my husband during feeding time, he may not get to remain as the protector of those hens (lol)!  So, I have been getting lots of images of him so that I can paint him whenever I like.  I listed one on Etsy today.  You can follow this link by clicking "see" to find out more about him.  Thanks for dropping by.

1 comment:

Helen said...

Ha ha ha!
I bet Travis wins that battle!
:)

Poppy The Pig, Original Oil Painting by Cheri Wollenberg

Poppy Original 8x8 Oil Painting On Canvas by Cheri Wollenberg   Poppy is pig who might be hungry and waiting on his master to bring corn or ...