Monday, February 24, 2014

Blue Creamer and French Cup and Saucer Still Life Painting

8x10 Oil on Canvas
Cheri Wollenberg
Just before Christmas I was looking for a cup and saucer for a still life painting that would look nice in a large custom still life painting I've been commissioned to do.  The buyer wanted something that would look good with French Country Décor.  As I researched the particular décor I found that copper, roosters, sunflowers, and French pottery was usually incorporated in kitchens and dining rooms.  So, I was delighted when shopping in this little Antique shop to find a cup and saucer signed by the French name of Henriot Quimper.  This small still life was a practice composition to work on designs and color before painting the larger composition for my customer.  This painting can be found in my Etsy store here.

No comments:

Poppy The Pig, Original Oil Painting by Cheri Wollenberg

Poppy Original 8x8 Oil Painting On Canvas by Cheri Wollenberg   Poppy is pig who might be hungry and waiting on his master to bring corn or ...