Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sunflower Bouquet in Turquoise Vase

Sunflower Bouquet in Turquoise Vase
8x10 Oil on Canvas
by
Cheri Wollenberg
This will probably be the last sunflower painting for a while.  I think I'm ready to move on.  I need to put a glaze over the reflection in the table.  It is a bit too harsh and bright.  I had trouble getting the colors true in the image with my camera.  The vase actually has a little more green in it.  I thought my light was too cold so I moved it to some warmer artificial lighting, but it still came out too blue.  I'm thinking I'm going to have to get my camera instructions out again and see if I have done something with the settings. 
This painting can be bought on etsy by following this link:

4 comments:

Jennifer Richardson said...

oh how wonderful
....reminds me of sunflowers
against a turquoise sky
which is one of my
favorite parts of this planet!
Love the way your brush dances:)
-Jennifer

Diana Marshall said...

Another lovely sunflower painting, love the colour of the vase it sets them off so well.

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Beautiful, love the vase and reflection and your lovely name!

Karen Bruson said...

Gorgeous sunflower.

Poppy The Pig, Original Oil Painting by Cheri Wollenberg

Poppy Original 8x8 Oil Painting On Canvas by Cheri Wollenberg   Poppy is pig who might be hungry and waiting on his master to bring corn or ...