Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Autumn Reminders

Autumn Reminders
12x16 Oil on Canvas
by
Cheri Wollenberg

It is that time of year isn't it? As an artist my eyes see the leaves beginning to turn, the gourds in various colors and designs are showing up at the super markets, and pumpkins are appearing at the farmers' markets on the weekends here at Fayetteville, Arkansas.   It is a beautiful time of the year. The colors are fabulous and dazzle my eyes. I just have to set up some arrangements and get to painting! If I wait too long it will be winter and there will be other things to inspire me. I can't wait to capture some of the beauty of these items. This is one of my first posts. It was the last one I finished last year. I will start in the next few days on smaller daily paintings and gradually work to a larger arrangement. This painting may be purchased at: //www.chatterboxart.etsy.com.

2 comments:

Jennifer Richardson said...

Oh, hooray for these gorgeous
little gems coming back in season
again! Every bit as beautiful as
flowers! And you capture them so
well.....even the light, which is
amazing right now.
Thanks for sharing!
-Jennifer

Sadami said...

Dear Cheri,
I love your still life works! So gorgeous!
Cheers, Sadami

Poppy The Pig, Original Oil Painting by Cheri Wollenberg

Poppy Original 8x8 Oil Painting On Canvas by Cheri Wollenberg   Poppy is pig who might be hungry and waiting on his master to bring corn or ...