Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Horse Painting - Paint the Midnight Sky


16x20 Oil on Canvas
Cheri Wollenberg
The story about this horse goes back a few years....I was working on my masters degree and I drove to Weatherford, Oklahoma which was about 90 miles from where my husband and I were living at the time.  I, like most artists,...always have my camera with me so that if there is some candid event, subject, or scene that catches my eye I might take a snapshot.  My trip was through beautiful country and farm animals were along the way.  I had noticed this magnificent paint horse at this one farm that I went by and made the decision that I would take his picture when the time was right.  The moment came and I parked my car in the ditch, got my camera out and just about the time I clicked the camera...a Great Dane (an angry Great Dane) dog was running toward me with a young teenage boy screaming for him to stop.  I managed to get to the car and the boy came up to the door and was apologizing to me.......I apologized to him too for not asking permission to take the picture in the first place.  The frightening experience was worth it and I thoroughly enjoyed painting this beautiful creature.  He has one blue eye and one brown eye.  He is listed at my Etsy store.  You can check him out there by clicking Paint:)

No comments:

Poppy The Pig, Original Oil Painting by Cheri Wollenberg

Poppy Original 8x8 Oil Painting On Canvas by Cheri Wollenberg   Poppy is pig who might be hungry and waiting on his master to bring corn or ...