Sunday, April 17, 2011

Apples and Crock

8x8 Oil on Canvas
by
Cheri Wollenberg
Painting apples has been the subject I have explored for over a week now.  It is sort of like eating one thing until I'm really tired or burned out of that particular food group.  This may be a condition.....I don't know (laugh)!  I have grandchildren who do this,  and we worry about them and their nutrition.  My ability to be consumed with things drives me as inspiration until it is played out to my satisfaction.  Then I have to go on to the next thing.  Since I've created all these apple paintings, I have started pansy paintings!  I'll begin posting them as soon as all the apple ones are "blogged".  
To purchase this painting you can click Apples and Crock.


6 comments:

Virginia Floyd said...

Both of these apple paintings are beautiful! I thought I had commented on the painting with the cup towel, but I don't see it there. The fabric is so beautiful, and I love the dark background with the lost edges on the apple on the right.

I really like the green background on this one...a perfect foil for the apples. I think these striated apples are difficult, but you handled it well. Good job!

Carol Blackburn said...

So beautiful, Cheri....magnificent.

Karen Werner said...

I love this, Cheri..especially the neck of the crock...rich color and it has such solidity.

Unknown said...

Really lovely! Such rich colors in this painting.

Violetta Smith said...

I'm glad I found your blog. Love the "freshness" of your paintings.

Helen said...

This is a beautiful painting! I love the simplicity of the arrangement, the highlights that bring it to life, the reflections in the background, and (as always) the "colorful" whites in the crock itself.

Poppy The Pig, Original Oil Painting by Cheri Wollenberg

Poppy Original 8x8 Oil Painting On Canvas by Cheri Wollenberg   Poppy is pig who might be hungry and waiting on his master to bring corn or ...