Monday, February 6, 2017

I'm Only An Oil Painting Artist!

 

I have sadly neglected my blog for quite some time again!  This past year (2016) has been a very eventful and fascinating year in my art life!  A couple of years ago I had an opportunity to license a painting of some whimsical snow carolers.  They were printed on popcorn tins during the Christmas shopping season of 2014 and 2015.  It was delightful to see this happen, but I have had some of my work licensed for other products during 2015 and 2016 and amazingly these works have been printed on things like dishes,rugs, pillows, fabric, and so forth.  To tell you about this is way too long and boring, which brings me to the next series of blog posts.  They are fascinating to me, because I'm Only An Artist, but I admire quilters so very much.  The block pictured above is around 100 years old.  This one is from a group that was given to me from my granny's unfinished stash about 20 years ago.  That's a story in itself, and I will share more about it later.  Starting tomorrow I'll be sharing the process of a quilt being made by a lady who is using the fabric from my designs sold by Robert Kaufman.  She has generously shared her process through images and notes and I'm excited about this to say the least!  And, concerning the story of the 100 year old quilt blocks made by my granny and her friends......that will have to come later.  For now, I'll end this post by using Paul Harvey's famous words...please tune in tomorrow to hear...."The Rest Of The Story".

No comments:

Poppy The Pig, Original Oil Painting by Cheri Wollenberg

Poppy Original 8x8 Oil Painting On Canvas by Cheri Wollenberg   Poppy is pig who might be hungry and waiting on his master to bring corn or ...