Friday, February 6, 2015

Dancing Prancing Roosters at Sunset by Cheri Wollenberg


20x30 Oil on Canvas
Cheri Wollenberg
 
The sun was setting and there was a glowing back-lit landscape behind them.  I had taken my camera out to photo the chickens right before we put them up for the evening.  These five roosters were prancing in front of the silos and the sun behind them was glowing as it was going down.  I deliberately painted them lighter from the photo I had because in life they showed up so much better; however, as always...painting from a photo never is as good as painting from life.  I enjoyed painting them though and maybe I recreated a little of their prance.  They are listed for sale here.

No comments:

Poppy The Pig, Original Oil Painting by Cheri Wollenberg

Poppy Original 8x8 Oil Painting On Canvas by Cheri Wollenberg   Poppy is pig who might be hungry and waiting on his master to bring corn or ...