Thursday, July 15, 2010

Indian Paintbrush in Oklahoma

Indian Paintbrush in Oklahoma
by
Cheri Wollenberg


We visit Oklahoma quite often.  We have a farm home there and our grandchildren live just down the road.  One early morning  in the spring I drove some country roads looking for different landscapes to paint. I didn't have time on this particular trip to set up a field easel so I took my camera.  I guess you could call me a visual scavenger (grin).  It had been an especially good year for the wildflowers and I came upon this equisite view of Indian Blanket with several tree lines graduating into the distance of a couple of miles. What a sight! This is one of the paintings that came from the beautiful view that day.
Prints for this painting can be purchased at http://www.fineartamerica.com/



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe those are indian paint brushes. The Indian Blanket flower looks more similar to a daisey with red and orange rings.

Cheri Wollenberg said...

You are very right! Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Actually, this painting is named Indian Paintbrush in my files.

Poppy The Pig, Original Oil Painting by Cheri Wollenberg

Poppy Original 8x8 Oil Painting On Canvas by Cheri Wollenberg   Poppy is pig who might be hungry and waiting on his master to bring corn or ...