Thursday, March 31, 2011

Strawberries in a White Tin Cup

SOLD
Strawberries in a White Tin Cup
8x8 Oil on Canvas
by
Cheri Wollenberg
Spring Break and vacation time was the venue for last week for my husband and I.  Sounds good, but this always means work for us!  We have an old ranch style country home in Oklahoma that we have been remodeling.  I took along my oil paints hoping that I will be able to paint sore muscles and all (laugh).   One morning I arranged this still life on a shelf I have in the mud room.  The sun was bursting through the windows creating an extreme high-key composition.  It was beautiful!  I decided to use contrasts in temperature leaving the strawberries to create contrast for the darkest values. 

2 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Beautifully done, Cheri...love the cup.

Karen Bruson said...

Very luscious. I can almost taste them. Great job.

Poppy The Pig, Original Oil Painting by Cheri Wollenberg

Poppy Original 8x8 Oil Painting On Canvas by Cheri Wollenberg   Poppy is pig who might be hungry and waiting on his master to bring corn or ...