Saturday, October 2, 2010

Pink Roses in Antique Vase

11x14 Oil on Canvas
by
Cheri Wollenberg
  I think there is a lot to be said of discovering the pleasure of something....learning can be a pleasure.  I experience several sensations when I'm thinking about what I want to paint.  First, what is it that interests me or inspires me?  Inspiration can come from curiosity, admiration, excitement, exploration, challenge, experimentation.....oh my, the list goes on.  Next, the decision making process brings intuitive sensations.  How will I present what interests me.   I plan, compose, decide what size of support I want to use and I begin thinking about the color palette and/or other designing principles.  Third, I proceed, express, and act out the plan.  Oh my, what pleasure there is to painting.  Words cannot express the pleasurable sensations in each step of the painting process.  What a gift we receive in the process!  This painting is one that I finished several years ago when I had a great desire to explore pink.  It can be purchased in my etsy shop by clicking: Pink Roses in Antique Vase

1 comment:

Jennifer Richardson said...

so, so pretty in pink:)
And your words
are an invitation
to come out and play!
Thanks,
Jennifer

Poppy The Pig, Original Oil Painting by Cheri Wollenberg

Poppy Original 8x8 Oil Painting On Canvas by Cheri Wollenberg   Poppy is pig who might be hungry and waiting on his master to bring corn or ...