Thursday, October 14, 2010

Turquoise Pitcher and Gourd VI

8x8 Oil on Canvas
by
Cheri Wollenberg
Gourds are still calling me to paint them.  I have this little turquoise pitcher that seems to scream at me every time I look at my still life items.  Depending on the light source and the other items that are reflected into it determines it's color.  It never ceases to fascinate me.  I haven't got to paint for over a week and I found myself doing this painting rather quickly....almost as if I was gorging food (laugh).  I like some of the attributes of the painting, but if I were to do it again.  I might hone a few things.  I like it though so I'm done with this one!  To buy this painting click here:  Turquoise Pitcher and Gourd IV

2 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Very nice, Cheri. I understand what you say about it being like gorging food. I have so many ideas in my head to sketch or paint that I act similarly at times. That is why I like to do my writing on the computer as it is much quicker than I can write with pen and ink and I need to get my thoughts out quickly before they escape me.

Karen Werner said...

I love the texture in this painting, and also the color shifts in the pitcher. Very nice.

Poppy The Pig, Original Oil Painting by Cheri Wollenberg

Poppy Original 8x8 Oil Painting On Canvas by Cheri Wollenberg   Poppy is pig who might be hungry and waiting on his master to bring corn or ...