Thursday, April 19, 2012

Texas Bluebonnets Oil Painting

12x12 Oil on Canvas
Cheri Wollenberg
My son videos cattle for a cattle commission company here in Oklahoma.  He spends a lot of time in Texas and he knows that I love the Texas landscapes in the spring when their wildflower, the Bluebonnet, covers their pastures like a plush carpet.  Recently he brought some photos home and shared them with me.  I was so inspired that I created this painting.  Painting from photographs is never the same as being in the real place painting from life!  The artist misses out on the whole experience and is handicapped in producing the right colors, depth, and values when painting from photo images.  But, I still enjoyed painting this little vignette and remembered the times that I was so impressed with the countrysides of that great state.  It is listed in my Etsy shop.

2 comments:

Jennifer Richardson said...

oh!
oh oh oh!!!
oh how I love this
...makes my heart sing
in all of those colors:)
beautiful share....big thanks!
-Jennifer

Charles said...

beautiful landscape painting, great work, like it!

Poppy The Pig, Original Oil Painting by Cheri Wollenberg

Poppy Original 8x8 Oil Painting On Canvas by Cheri Wollenberg   Poppy is pig who might be hungry and waiting on his master to bring corn or ...