Friday, March 23, 2012

Pansies in Blue Enamelware Cup

8x8 Oil on Canvas
Cheri Wollenberg
It has rained a lot in Oklahoma this week.  It is also spring break for most schools in Oklahoma so two of my grandchildren have been staying with us and we have had quite a time.  When the sun peeked through the clouds we planted flowers and seeds in our vegetable garden.  We have also transplanted a lot of small potted plants....a good project for grandchildren.  I also have found a lot of nests lately, and  I cannot throw them away.  So, as I arranged some pansies in a blue enamelware cup I placed one of the little nests beside it.  I had to borrow some chocolate candy Easter eggs to provide my nest with the look of a potential family and here my painting is!

2 comments:

Jennifer Richardson said...

my breath caught up happy
as your image came into focus
....so SO bright and beautiful!!!
JOY in paint:)
love,
Jennifer

Egretta Wells blog said...

This made me say Oh! and smile a big happy smile! I love it. Egretta

Poppy The Pig, Original Oil Painting by Cheri Wollenberg

Poppy Original 8x8 Oil Painting On Canvas by Cheri Wollenberg   Poppy is pig who might be hungry and waiting on his master to bring corn or ...