Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Onions and Green Beans

(SOLD)

Finally finished this little painting!  It had been roughed in since last summer.  I sometimes get ahead of my paintings (with other paintings).  This painting reminds me of years of having gardens and the harvest that comes with it.  We raised wheat for years and when it came off for harvest so did my green beans.  I always planted too many and therefore I was overwhelmed with doing beans at that time of the year.   Finally, I guess after many open complaints of frustration, my sweet husband told me something like this one day, "Cheri, don't worry with those beans anymore.  If you just have to have fresh green beans, there are enough vegetable stands around here to keep us eating for weeks."  Right now this little painting is featured on an etsy sight that you can follow by clicking this link: 

8 comments:

Virginia Floyd said...

Really nice, Cheri! Your onion skins look so translucent, and I love the softness of the green beans.

Karla said...

This is very, very nice. Happy Holidays!

Dana Cooper said...

Love this set up Cheri, lovely colors and brush work!

Helen said...

Very nice color combination - greens & browns. Sometimes simplicity is stunning.

Debra Keirce said...

Well, it was worth the wait! Great job!! And Merry Christmas!

HELENE said...

This one is really nice! My kind of subject and you did it really well.

Karen Werner said...

Cheri, this is a beauty! I love the different treatment of the foreground and background beans, the sheen of the onions and the overall composition. Very nicely done!

Anonymous said...

Cheri, I really like this piece. It is the perfect kitchen painting... I am sure someone will just swipe it up real quick.

Poppy The Pig, Original Oil Painting by Cheri Wollenberg

Poppy Original 8x8 Oil Painting On Canvas by Cheri Wollenberg   Poppy is pig who might be hungry and waiting on his master to bring corn or ...