Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Free Peppers

Peppers
by Cheri Wollenberg

Yellow Pepper
by Cheri Wollenberg


As my husband and I entered our church one Sunday evening, we saw a box at the information desk. On it was a sign, "Free, take what you want." It was not signed so several people who were in that area began to guess who the generous person was.  What a nice gift!  I have to admit I was thinking...........Oh, what beautiful subjects to paint! How can I decide on so few? Do I really take what I want, or should I think of others and take only a few.  I just have to tell you that they were a tempting lot....right there in church! So I did a very thoughtless thing and took several of the most beautiful and unusual shaped, brilliant peppers that I have ever seen.....and the variety of kinds were amazing. The shorten this story, I will say that I painted two today and I plan on painting more. I think I might place one of my paintings in the same place we found the box, and place a sign on it, "Free, to the thoughtful one who brought the peppers."

3 comments:

Elena Malec said...

i love your painting style.

Carol Blackburn said...

Lovely peppers. The roundness of the table edge is a great addition.

Anita Tresslar said...

Cheri, Thank you for the nice comment on my pepper painting. I checked out your blog and there were these beautiful pepper paintings. They are very nice.

Anita

Poppy The Pig, Original Oil Painting by Cheri Wollenberg

Poppy Original 8x8 Oil Painting On Canvas by Cheri Wollenberg   Poppy is pig who might be hungry and waiting on his master to bring corn or ...